Product Development Manager - R&D Technical Development
|Position||Product Development Manager - R&D Technical Development|
|Job Type||Full Time Position|
|Keyword(s)||Needlepunch, carding, airlay, manufacturing, nonwovens|
Our Product Development Manager in Shaw Nonwovens works with a variety of people within a diverse portfolio of market segments and product applications. Shaw Nonwovens products are found not only on the floor of commercial and retail entryways, but are key components in the Transportation, Recreation, Wallcovering, and Industrial Fabrics markets.
Why Shaw Nonwovens?
Well, as part of Shaw Industries, Inc., we are a financially robust Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary. We have strong relationships with diverse manufacturers nationwide which means that we are not limited to a particular product and can offer competitive value. Finally, and most importantly, our market leadership is unparalleled. This is reflected in the way our customers, vendors, and partners feel about doing business with us.
We need a Product Development Manager who loves finding creative solutions through practical designs and has experience in the nonwovens field. We want someone who loves growth in a fast-paced work environment, is a self-starter and thrives in a setting where they can take control of their career and their potential to grow with the business.
- Technical expert for Needlepunch processes, Carding, AirLay, Needlepunch, Structure, Thermal Bonding, Coating and Raw Materials used in Nonwovens.
- Understand current Nonwoven capabilities and stay up to date on advances in Nonwoven machinery and processes.
- Apply expertise to create new product opportunities and to overcome obstacles in new product design.
- Create new product designs based on Market needs, New Technology, Raw Materials, and Manufacturing Capabilities.
- Manage the development of new products and processes from concept to commercialization
- Demonstrate technical ownership of all projects and products.
- Coordinate lab and pilot work, XRâ€™s, TPRâ€™s and all associated testing required to advance new development projects to commercialization.
- Perform Capital Project Management as required by development work.
- Improve technology on existing products, manufacturing processes, and recycling processes based on evolving technologies.
- Utilize effective statistical and analysis techniques including Design of Experiment to assist the development team and enhance future decision making.
- Assist in installation and startup of new equipment, as needed.
- Interface with the customers, Manufacturing, QE, and Tech Services to ensure that the appropriate testing protocols are in place for the finished product.
- Ensure that company assets, including fixed assets, raw materials, intellectual property, and supplies are protected.
- Utilize software tools to accomplish goals and manage projects (Power Steering, Minitab, etc.)
- Ensure that the Shaw core values of honesty, integrity, and passion are demonstrated.
- Manage Shaw Nonwovensâ€™ Innovation Portfolio based on priorities set by the Strategic Business Unit
- Assist with management of Intellectual Property
- Contribute to the development of, and execute responsible portions of the Shaw Nonwovensâ€™ Growth Strategy
- Establish self in the market and represent Shaw as the market leader by recognizing trends and understanding the participants (including direct, and indirect, competition) and Shawâ€™s position in the market.
- Network with raw material suppliers, equipment manufacturers, and customers in related trade associations and events.
- Execute Action Plan
- Initiate Action
- Learn Continuously
- Coach and Support
- Build Trusting Relationships
- Bachelor Degree or higher; engineering degree preferred
- Experience in Nonwoven Manufacturing and Product Design
- Effective written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels of the organization; between peers, management, and plant personnel.
- Inventive with solutions, but balanced with the ability to reduce the ideas to practice
- Creative balanced with a sense of practical/functional design
- Effective, systematic, problem-solving skills
- Skills to analyze data with effective statistical techniques
- Effective interpersonal and management skills
- Organizational skills and be detail-oriented, with engineering approach
- 4 year engineering degree
- Six Sigma training
- Knowledge and experience in polymer chemistry, polymer processing, and recycling
- Expertise in Nonwoven Manufacturing and Product Design
- Track record of Innovative results
- Experience managing Intellectual Property matters
8 hour, day shift
To apply, click here.
Our Nationâ€™s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.Shaw will consider an applicantâ€™s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.