Elsner Engineering Works, Inc. - Machine Shop Assembly/Service Technician
|Company||Elsner Engineering Works, Inc.|
|Position||Elsner Engineering Works, Inc. - Machine Shop Assembly/Service Technician|
|Job Type||Full Time Position|
|Keyword(s)||Machine Shop Service Technician/Assembler|
Elsner Engineering Works founded in 1934 is a fast growing family owned machine shop located in Hanover, PA. Elsner is currently looking to add a highly skilled Assembler/Service Technician to our team. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, demonstrate mechanical, assembly and service technician abilities; have the ability to read complex machining assembly prints and electrical schematics; be able to use a variety of machine trade measuring equipment; demonstrate team leadership skills as well as the ability to work independently to troubleshoot electrical and electronic components by use of electrical schematics, multi-meter and programming software with minimal direction. Assemble machines and sub-assemblies to meet both in-house and customer requirements, demonstrate machine capability, install machines in the customer's facilities, provides technical direction to the customer in machine maintenance and operation, repair equipment, and refurbish and retrofit existing machines. Please Note: The successful candidate MUST be willing to travel worldwide to customer facilities, sometimes on short notice. Travel typically 30%, but could be upwards to 50%. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembles sub-assemblies and assemblies in a manner that assures the customer receives a quality product. Plumbs hydraulics and pneumatics to the project specifications. Tunes machines to their specified optimum performance level.
- Performs tasks in a safe, cost-efficient, and timely manner. Inspects a variety of machine parts to assure compliance to specification.
- Performs demonstrations of machine capabilities for both customer and in-house purposes.
- Performs machine installations in customer facilities, insuring safe operation that meet or exceed the customer expectations.
- Adjusts/tunes machines to optimal operating condition.
- Takes customer service calls to answer technical questions regarding the maintenance and operation of their machines. A record of these calls is to be recorded in our system.
- Performs machine repairs on customer machines in their facilities.
- Performs basic milling, lathe, and bench-type machining of parts, when needed, at both the Company and the customer facilities.
- Installs retrofit accessories to machines in the field.
- Performs machine surveys to list parts required to do both minor and major machine repair.
- Rebuilds outdated or worn machines.
- Maintains proper housekeeping standards in work area in a timely fashion.
- A minimum of two (2) years mechanical assembly experience
- 2-year degree in electronics or machine maintenance preferred
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting and programming language preferred
- Familiarity with machine shop controls
- Min - 1 year of custom machine building
- Major Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation