Business Development Manager - Nonwovens
|Position||Business Development Manager - Nonwovens|
|Job Type||Full Time Position|
|Keyword(s)||Business development nonwovens|
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Business Development Manager -- Nonwovens. The Business Development Manager -- Nonwovens is responsible for selling business product lines/systems and generating new growth and profitability within specific assigned markets. The Business Development Manager -- Nonwovens develops and drives sales strategy for a particular territory / market.
- Support the business in generation of new growth accounts while developing existing accounts
- Sell business product lines/systems and generate new growth and profitability within specific assigned markets
- Make direct customer calls to develop and increase sales, negotiate contracts, drive product and system sales to support established price strategies; assure legal compliance in the selling of all products and systems with applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Manage customer needs through product development processes; provide technical assistance and information to customers; respond to customer inquiries; recommend and, if necessary, develop training programs for customers
- Develop and drive a sales strategy for a particular territory/market; conduct limited market research analysis; develop sales forecasts by product SKU, markets and major customers; implements marketing programs to achieve sales and market share objectives; monitor and make recommendations concerning market needs; changes in competitive strategies and policies, pricing and sales activity; prepare and issue reports as required
- Provide mentoring to the sales force
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years sales experience with a manufacturing company
- Strong product and process knowledge and product set-up process experience (Solid)
- Expert ability to build rapport and develop strong customer relationships with senior levels
- Expert ability to analyze and evaluate product lines, markets, and customers
- Expert ability to analyze and evaluate marketing programs and sales strategies
- Six Sigma process improvement experience is highly desirable
- Strong Value Selling Skills (Solid)
- Solid time management skills
- Strong presentation skills (Solid)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (Solid)
- Ability to estimate and monitor expenses for budgeting and territory/market operations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to drive vehicle for long periods of time and carry a valid driver's license
- Heavy travel required 70%+
- Primary work environment is typically in the field at a customer's facility or on a job site; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.