Professor, Material Science & Engineering, University of Florida
Summary of Accomplishments
• More than 160 publications and 150 presentations.
• One edited book and four invited book chapters.
• Citation analysis: h-index 19, best cited paper >160 citations
• Awards: Doctoral mentoring award, elected to European Academy of Sciences
• Evidence of consistent external funding: >20 proposals funded in the past 8 years
• Evidence of development of intellectual property: 15 patents/provisional patents, and patent
disclosures to Office of Licensing and Technology at University of Florida
• 24 Ph.D.s and 16 Masters chaired and graduated from 1999-2008, i.e. 2.4 PhD per year.
• >150 PhD and Master committees at UF and international universities from 1999-2008
• Editor-in-Chief for worldwide top ten ranked Journal in materials sciences and solid
state physics: Critical Reviews in Solid State and Materials Sciences, ISI 2004 Impact factor
Abstract: Moving beyond polymers by introducing ceramic and metallic materials the properties of nonwovens can be changed drastically. This talk will highlight recent developments in laboratories around the world that demonstrate new functionalities for nonwovens.