Tufco, L.P. – Blending Operations Manager
Summary of Responsibilities
Guide Tufco’s blending processes with a focus on Six Sigma quality, safety and (lean, efficient and effective) production; so that customers are attracted to the company for its industry benchmark standards in cost/quality/supply and wipes production predictability based operating expertise.
- Responsible for all Contract blending operations satisfying internal and external customers
- Responsible for management of the water purification system and processes
- Make certain that internal and external customer production schedules are met on time and at specification
- Participate in customer and site production planning meetings
- Ensure all blending systems are operating at standard cycle times and waste levels
- Champion the concepts of continuous process improvement and make all employees believers that quality and safety are everyone’s responsibility
- Orchestrate the Contract Blending Operation in a proactive manner
- Work closely with the Operation support teams, continuous improvement teams and the various other Tufco departments
- Maintain a high level of visibility
- Act as mentor and role model to Supervisors, engineers, floor associates and blending technicians
- Assist the Sr. Director and Vice President of Operations with identifying and implementing Best Practices
- Establish and maintain an effective and continuous open, multi-directional communication system within and between Operations and the other departments.
- Manage, guide, and direct the Supervisory Team
- Establish and maintain best practices and process control through SOP development, training and oversight via first articles and centerline
- Instill a benchmark level of record keeping and housekeeping in the lab and blending areas
Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualifications – Education:
A minimum of a BS degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Business Management, or other related discipline is strongly preferred. Minimum of 7 years of broad based manufacturing experience is a must. Operational experience in a blending factility preferred.
-ISO Certification process training desired
-6σ/Lean Manufacturing training desired
At least 7 years of positive plant/operations management experience.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Proven and effective management skills.
Proficient with PC’s and related software such as MS Office
Interested candidates should go to www.tufco.com to apply.