|Company||Rush & Company|
|Job Type||Full Time Position|
Our client manufactures Composite Panels and Materials while offering a unique product and service range for its respective target markets such as Architecture, Display, Transport and more! This business segment is part of a $1B+ group of companies - stable thriving global team! Competitive compensation, bonus opportunity and relocation assistance!
We are searching for an Engineering Manager responsible for conceptualizing and directing the development of new processes, equipment, and products and serve as a technical resource for the company. The Engineering Manager must have strong leadership capabilities, as they are responsible for directing, developing, and motivating a high-performing technical team. This is a "hands-on" leadership role with projects of your own as well as leading by example/overseeing those projects of process engineering direct reports.
- Plan, organize, and direct the technical engineering function to ensure the most effective return on assets
- Drive the implementation of technical programs to consistently maintain a cost competitive edge in the manufacturing of products
- Provide thought leadership, broad technical knowledge, and originality to provide unique and practical solutions to industry problems, often resulting in patent and trade secret opportunities
- Solve difficult technical problems under demanding time constraints by providing technical support to Operations, Sales, Marketing, and customers
- Direct the design and execution of process or engineering related experiments and analyze the results. Determine the need for and initiates changes
- Establish and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, quality, high performance and process excellence
- Through leveraged knowledge of current technology and market trends, participates in the definition of advanced products required to sustain a cost-effective competitive position
- Can be called upon for technical problem resolution, serving our Plants or customers
- Manage and participate in the proposal, justification, RFA process, design, engineering, and purchasing of capital equipment for use in the plants
- Responsible for designated plant equipment installations and startups, including documentation and training. Provides technical assistance to plants
- Responsible for providing engineering resources as required for the execution of projects, capital investments, or other technical initiatives
- Work history includes plastics/extrusion
- Four-year engineering degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum Years' Experience: 5+ years of engineering leadership experience
- Minimum of 3 years of project management and engineering experience
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Skilled in developing high-performing teams through situational leadership
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems (ideally SAP)
- Ability to travel as needed
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.