Senior Development Scientist-Materials
|Position||Senior Development Scientist-Materials|
Full Time Position |
Join an industry leader in the growing, dynamic field of nonwoven fabrics with this unique opportunity to be an industry expert and influence the direction of leading edge technologies.
As Senior Development Scientist-Materials, you will provide technical leadership in innovation, design, and commercialization for nonwoven substrates. This role will collaborate and work with other members of the Product Category Team to ensure successful commercialization of projects and understands future substrate needs. (The Product Category Team consists of representatives from marketing, Global Product Development, operations, engineering, sourcing, logistics etc.) This position will also develop the protocols for qualifying new vendors, direct trials at suppliers and in house converting. This position will not supervise other employees.
- Innovate and develop (both with existing nonwoven suppliers and upstream developers) new and improved substrates that meet business objectives.
- Work closely with substrate and upstream material suppliers.
- Planning and directing project activities, trials, and discussions with raw material suppliers.
- Internal Project updates & discussions with QA, Operations, Product Management as well as managing project timelines and expectations.
- Perform converting process validations.
- Create & edit raw material specifications.
- Partner with various lines of business create strategies around various wipe products.
- Minimum of Bachelorâ€™s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) disciplines from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the nonwovens, pulp and paper or fiber development area. Experience should include exposure to product development, R&D, operations and or engineering.
- Understanding of MS software.
- Understanding of statistical tools / software.
- Understanding of business systems.
- Must have the desire and ability to work independently.
- Travel of up to 25% will be required, including international travel.