Tufco, L.P. – Reliability/Facility Engineer
Summary of Responsibilities
Provide appropriate management for the entire operations of the Maintenance Department. Ensure that the department has the capability to perform all necessary electrical and mechanical maintenance assignments. The person must also be versatile regarding changes in business direction, expansion, and reductions in work force, and be adaptable to various projects and provide trial run support.
- Reports to the Plant Engineering Manager
- Works closely with Plant Engineering in defining scope of new programs (CI, New Capacity, Maintenance, etc…)
- Directs site manufacturing asset maintenance and predictive maintenance programs (routine and failure).
- Updates and maintains maintenance database to accurately track completion rates and downtime hours within the plant
- Responsible for identifying projects, accurately and completely tracking all material and labor costs using the available ERP and maintenance tools
- Ensures existence of a properly trained staff level to meet company needs.
- Deploys appropriate staff for maintenance projects.
- Supports continuous improvement projects assigned to the maintenance group.
- Oversees the general buildings and grounds maintenance and infrastructure operations and maintenance.
- Responsible for negotiating contractor work for selective projects and annual service contracts for both facilities and equipment
- Primary contact person for contractors and subcontractors and is responsible for their conduct and safety.
- Purchasing and budgeting responsibility for the department.
- Provide staffing support for new projects.
- Offer advice on equipment selection and specifications.
- Participate in recruiting, selection, hiring, training, review and the dismissal of maintenance associates.
- Monitors company assets that are “moth-balled”.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe workshop
- Understand and comply with all lockout/tagout procedures.
- Must work in a safe and ethical manner at all times. Demonstrating good behaviors and correcting any contradictions observed on the plant floor.
Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualifications – Education:
An Associate’s Degree in electromechanical technology or other related discipline is strongly preferred. Five years of practical related experience in lieu of an AAS.
An engineering degree is preferred (Mechanical, Electrical)
At least 5 years of maintenance or engineering experience.
Machine experience is highly preferred.
Must work well with others. Be an effective communicator, and be able to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
Must be knowledgeable with computers.
Journeyman’s license preferred
Basic Training Completed within 90 days (New Hire Orientation)
Annual Refresher Training Modules
Job specific training
cGMP for Supervision
Interested candidates should go to www.tufco.com to apply.