Tufco, L.P. – Shift Lead
2nd Shift – 2:30pm to 10:30pm M – F
Summary of Responsibilities
Provide supervision, technical support for a highly efficient operating production department. Support team and problem solving processes, development, identify and resolve equipment, efficiency, waste, staffing issues and provide and identify any necessary project support. The person in this role must be obsessed with continuous improvement and be self-driven to make an immediate positive impact in the organization, especially focusing on driving teams to reach world class standards for safety, quality, waste and efficiency.
- Set, communicate, and evaluate employee performance requirements.
- Supervise daily operations and provide direction and support to associates.
- Effectively manage staffing levels at or below costed standards at all times.
- Must be proficient at creating daily run charts and review them with teams.
- Excel and Word skills a must.
- Obsessed with eliminating waste (Raw material, people, etc.) and operating at World Class standards.
- Must be customer focused and manage his or her teams consistent with Tufco’s core documents.
- Conduct performance reviews, recommend wage adjustments, issue “corrective actions” and appropriate disciplinary procedures, plus participate in the hiring processes.
- Instill the priority importance of quality, safety and effective throughput in every associate.
- Provide leadership and guidance to enhance the development of self-directed work teams (people, team, technical and maintenance skills)
- Vital link for start-up installation, upgrades and continuous improvement of a manufacturing/operations system.
- Proficient communicator.
- Documentation specialist.
- Recognize the need for problem solving and then facilitate the process to resolve process, production and equipment issues swiftly and then share resolutions with other Supervisors.
- Understand and ensure compliances with all lockout/tag out procedures.
- Must work in a safe and ethical manner at all times and maintain the same expectations of associates.
- Manage their work team’s ADP payroll entry.
- Be the floor leader in Global Shop ERP/MRP knowledge.
- Train and help problem solve errors to correct Global Shop mistakes.
Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualifications – Education:
An Associate’s Degree in Business or a technical discipline is strongly desired.
Training in: management; organizational development: continuous improvement: troubleshooting and basic engineering concepts is preferred.
A technical or supervisory background in manufacturing is preferred.
People and project management, plus troubleshooting skills preferred.
Must work well with others. Be an effective communicator, and be able to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
Needs to develop strong problem solving skills themselves and in their teams.
Must be knowledgeable with computers
Interested candidates should go to www.tufco.com to apply.