ISO, NSF and others have developed standards relating to LCA and life cycle inventory analysis to help advanced sustainability and developing greener products. These standards allow a way to measure products sustainability attributes.
- Environmental Product Declaration, EPD – Product Category Rules
- ISO 14040:2006 Environmental Management – Life Cycle Assessment – Principles and Framework
- ISO 14044:2006 Environmental Management – Life Cycle Assessment – Requirements and Guidelines
- ISO/TS 14048:2002 Environmental Management – Life Cycle Assessment – Data Documentation Format
- ISO/TR 14049: 2012 Environmental management — Life cycle assessment — Illustrative examples on how to apply ISO 14044 to goal and scope definition and inventory analysis
- ISO 21930:2007 Sustainability in Building Construction – Environmental Declaration of Building Products
- LEO-4000 National Sustainable Agriculture Standard
- LEO-SCS-002 Type III Life-Cycle Impact Profile Declarations for Products, Services and Systems
- National Center for Sustainability Standards (founded by NSF International)
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
Important Notification: As a service to the industry, INDA provides links to other Internet sites that feature discussions of issues, products, or services relating to sustainability. In doing so, however, INDA does not, expressly or by implication, endorse the referenced sites, nor does it vouch for the accuracy or reliability of the information, products, or services featured on those sites. INDA is not responsible for the opinions, ideas, data, site security, products, or services presented or discussed at those locations.