Plastics in the Environment
Handling the issue of Plastics in the Environment is likely to be a big initiative affecting the nonwovens industry. We have prepared a Draft White Paper entitled “There is No AWAY” which tries to summarize elements of the issue that should be of importance to us. It is a “working draft” compiled from many sources that also speaks to some items on which we, as an industry group, need to develop consensus to demonstrate to our publics that we understand the issue, we need to do more to address it, we have started, and we will, over time, move closer to a Circular Economy.
At this location on our website, we will post items of significance related to this issue, including the Draft White Paper. Should you come across items or articles you believe would advance our understanding and management of the issue, please send to Dave Rousse firstname.lastname@example.org or Johnnie Jean Dickens email@example.com.
- White Paper: “There is no AWAY”
- Sustainable Nonwovens magazine: A complex and serious challenge, February/March 2019
- Chemical & Engineering News: Caution Ahead in Petrochemicals, April 6, 2019
- INDA’s Washington Alert: Single-Use Packaging, Products Bill in California Passes State Senate Environmental Committee, April 2019
- Wall Street Journal: P&G Faces Backlash Over Waste, April 3, 2019
- National Geographic: Microplastics are raining down from the sky, April 15, 2019