ExxonMobil Expands Portfolio of Polymers at IDEA19
- Introduces Exceed™ XP, Exceed™ and Enable™ performance PE polymers for backsheet films
- Presents Achieve™ Advanced PP for tremendously comfortable nonwovens
- Features Vistamaxx™ performance polymers for better fitting soft-stretch elastic laminates
March 18, 2019 – HOUSTON – ExxonMobil said today it plans to present its expanded portfolio of polymers, which enable customers to create innovative soft PP nonwovens, breathable and non-breathable backsheet films, soft-stretch elastic laminates and elastic nonwovens, and adhesives for hygiene and personal care products at IDEA19.
“IDEA19 is the perfect platform for customers to discuss their challenges and innovation ideas with our polymer and application experts,” said Bhaskar Venkatraman, vice president, ExxonMobil Chemical. “Together, we can start creating differentiated solutions to meet the needs of the growing global population, increasing urbanization and expanding middle class.”
Our portfolio of performance PE polymers, including Exceed™ XP, Exceed™ and Enable™ performance PE polymers deliver thin, comfortable and secure breathable and non-breathable backsheet films. In addition, Achieve™ Advanced PP allows brand owners to rethink what’s possible by providing outstanding barrier properties and up to 15 percent higher fabric strength for nonwovens. Also on display will be products made with Vistamaxx™ performance polymers, Escorez™ tackifiers, and ExxonMobil™ PP resins, all of which are used extensively by converters and formulators around the world.
“Demand for hygiene and nonwoven products, which help enable modern living, is expected to experience healthy growth,” said Venkatraman. “New products, such as Exceed™ XP, Exceed™ and Enable™ performance polymers, highlight our commitment to meet those needs and continue to serve our customers growth.”
These polymers and tackifiers deliver exceptional performance advantages for a range of hygiene products including:
- PP Nonwoven fabrics that are soft, comfortable, leak-proof and strong. For spunbond and meltblown processes, Achieve™ Advanced PP, Vistamaxx™ performance polymers and ExxonMobil™ PP resins offer ease of processing, softness, strength, and improved barrier performance.
- Backsheet films which are thin, comfortable and secure. Exceed™ XP, Exceed™ and Enable™ performance PE polymers allow the creation of breathable and non-breathable backsheet films with excellent mechanical properties and downgauging opportunities.
- Soft-stretch elastic laminates and nonwovens that provide a better fit. Vistamaxx™ performance polymer-based solutions offer tailored elasticity that enable fit, comfort and discretion, while maintaining low odor.
- Adhesives that are stable and provide high bond strength. Vistamaxx™ performance polymers and the Escorez™ 5000 family of high-performance tackifiers deliver adhesives that are light in color and remain thermally stable from manufacturing to product use.
- Compression packaging films that are extremely damage-resistant, helping brand owners protect their goods through the value chain. Exceed™ and Enable™ performance PE polymers provide tough, stiff films with great optical properties and downgauging opportunities of up to 26 percent.
For more information visit the ExxonMobil booth (#1602) at IDEA19 or https://idea.exxonmobilchemical.com/en.
# # #
About ExxonMobil Chemical
ExxonMobil Chemical is one of the largest chemical companies in the world. The company holds leadership positions in some of the largest-volume and highest-growth commodity chemical products. ExxonMobil Chemical has manufacturing capacity in every major region of the world, serving large and growing markets. More than 90 percent of the company’s chemical capacity is integrated with ExxonMobil refineries or natural gas processing plants. To learn more, visit www.exxonmobilchemical.com.
Contact InformationURL: www.exxonmobilchemical.com
Company: ExxonMobil Chemical