H. Charles Allen Earns Outstanding Support Scientist of the Year Award from USDA ARS
Congratulations go out to H. Charles “Chuck” Allen for earning the 2012 Outstanding Support Scientist of the Year Award. The USDA Agricultural Research Service recognized Mr. Allen for his excellent performance and contributions in supporting research on cotton-based nonwovens along with his engineering work saving the organization time and money for the year 2011.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s chief scientific in-house research agency. Our job is finding solutions to agricultural problems that affect Americans every day, from field to table. Here are a few numbers to illustrate the scope of our organization:
* 800 research projects within 18 National Programs
* 2,200 scientists and post docs
* 6,200 other employees
* 90+ research locations, including overseas laboratories
* $1.1 billion fiscal year budget
The USDA ARS’ Mission Statement:
ARS conducts research to develop and transfer solutions to agricultural problems of high national priority and provide information access and dissemination to:
* Ensure high-quality, safe food, and other agricultural products
* Assess the nutritional needs of Americans
* Sustain a competitive agricultural economy
* Snhance the natural resource base and the environment, and provide economic opportunities for rural citizens, communities, and society as a whole.
Contact InformationURL: http://www.ars.usda.gov
Company: USDA Agricultural Research Service