Revolutionizing markets, from apparel to automotive, with smart fabrics produced from microfilaments
November 29, 2017 – Mr. C. Enver Kayali, Deputy Chairman of the Board, comments on Mogul’s development of hybrid technology based nonwovens:
‘We envisage revolutionizing markets, from apparel to automotive, with smart fabrics produced from microfilaments’
With production from Luleburgaz and Gaziantep plants in Turkey and the South Carolina USA plant, Mogul is opening a door to innovate and change fashion based industries and related segments such as home textiles, medical, automotive, cleaning and packaging.
Exporting globally, Mogul’s Luleburgaz plant is one of the few facilities in the world which manufactures patented microfilament fabric.
From origins in Gaziantep to its newest facilities in Istanbul and South Carolina, Mogul is one of few companies to develop and manufacture a new, high performance microfilament fabric which will change common practice in many sectors.
During a recent press conference introducing the new and patented technology, Mr. Kayali stated he expected this product to bring important changes and developments to many areas such as apparel, home textiles, medical, automotive, cleaning and packaging.
At Mogul’s 20th anniversary, which was combined with a Madaline® fashion show of creations by well-known Turkish fashion designer, Ms. Arzu Kaprol, Mr Kayali said he sensed a breath of fresh air in textiles, especially for the ready-to-wear apparel and workwear sectors. He went on as follows:
WE ARE THE ONLY FACILITY IN TURKEY AND ONE OF VERY FEW IN THE WORLD.
Presently, Mogul produces seven different technology nonwoven fabrics at three plants in Turkey and one in South Carolina. From the beginning we focused on differentiating Mogul with new technologies and products. Today, our investment in hybrid technology makes us one among a few global companies.
Our wide product range is based on leading technologies which supports us in global markets with innovative technical textiles. During development of techniques and technologies we have always given priority to health and the environment. Our microfilament fabric uses no solvents, binders nor PVC in its production. Water consumption and carbon emissions are minimal and the finished fabric is lint-free which means there is no carry-off into the wash water of synthetic particles to pollute our waterways. We aim to reduce our footprint and impact on our environment.
I would also like to mention some characteristics of this innovative microfilament product:
- The microfilament fabric, developed under the Madaline® brand, has a dense web enabling it to provide good barrier and filtration properties. The entanglement of very fine microfilaments provides extensive surface area and the micro-channels allow the fabric to be absorbent, breathable and capable of transporting perspiration away from the skin.
- Madaline® is durable and has long-life therefore it is cost effective and creates value.
- Being lighter and quicker to dry than conventional fabrics, it allows savings in water, detergent and energy.
- It has good thermal insulation, good moisture management, is a wind barrier and with UV absorption capability it is beneficial for apparel, workwear and military wear. The combination of features is not found in other nonwovens or classical textiles.
- Madaline® is a natural barrier against bacteria and microscopic particles therefore its application includes antiallergic products and medical use. Also, its high-tech cleaning performance matches the hygienic cleaning requirements of operating rooms, intensive care units and other areas of a hospital.
- People, especially allergy sufferers, are protected from microscopic organisms such as dust mites and their secretions with Madaline® bedding encasings. It contains, within the encasing, any microscopic particles and prevents further infestation of the bed.
- This product economizes sound insulation in vehicles and buildings by way of lower material cost and time savings.
Mogul CEO, Mr. Serkan Gogus, commented as follows:
We bring a strong contender to the textile sector for an alternative fabric. Our manufacturing goals are implementation of ‘Industry 4’ levels of production optimization. From raw material input to finished fabric, the process is continuous and without human intervention. Manufacturing and quality assurance are monitored through camera and information technology systems.
Conventional textile manufacturing can process yarn into fabric from a few hours up to a few days. Madaline® processes raw material into fabric within 3-4 minutes. Madaline® brings unbelievable speed, efficiency and flexibility which are beneficial features for the apparel and textile sectors. Together with cost savings, easy fabrication and converting and as a health-conscious fabric, Madaline® offers valuable opportunities to entrepreneurs.
Arzu Kaprol, Fashion Designer, added:
Madaline® sets sail for new horizons in fabric and fashion. As a new technology and unique material which is easy to convert, it is an important alternative for the ready-to-wear apparel and textile industries. The ‘Mogul Collection’ we prepared illustrates how exciting, in terms of the fiber technology and scale of production, this product is.