The nonwoven industry continues to create products that make our lives healthier and more convenient. Wet wipes such as moist toilet wipes, baby wipes, and personal care wipes are great examples.
Some wipes are designed to be flushed, while others are not. For those companies who make “flushable wipes” we urge them to adopt our Flushability Guidelines and test their products in order to substantiate flushable claims.
For those making wipes that have a potential to be flushed, even though designed not to be, we encourage them to use our “Do Not Flush” logo on packaging.
INDA, and our partner association EDANA, are committed to educating consumers on the proper disposal pathway for wipes to help reduce the amount of non-flushable material in the wastewater stream and to protect our environment.
If you would like to learn more about what the industry is doing, take a tour of the documents below and feel free to contact Misty Ayers, Marketing Coordinator for more information: email@example.com
- 3rd Edition Flushability Guidelines- Executive Summary
- 3rd Edition Flushability Guidelines- Complete
- Code of Practice (includes labeling guidelines)
- DO NOT FLUSH logo (.jpeg – See Code of Practice for labeling requirements)
- DO NOT FLUSH logo (high res .eps – See Code of Practice for labeling requirements )
- Frequently Asked Questions