If you manufacture, market or convert nonwoven disposable products, or provide nonwovens substrates to this segment, then we invite you to join us.
Since 2008, INDA and EDANA have published Flushability Guidelines along with a Code of Practice to help companies assess their product prior to making a flushable claim. We also promote one consistent “Do Not Flush” symbol to be used on products that do not meet the Guidelines or have a significant potential to be flushed, even if not designed or marketed for this purpose.
If you haven’t already, we encourage you to join with other leaders in the nonwoven industry and adopt the Flushability Guidelines and Code of Practice. By doing so, you can confidently prove your flushable claim, correctly label those products that should not be flushed, and do the right thing for our environment and waterways.
We suggest you begin with the executive summary to get an overview of the Guidelines and the Code of Practice.
If you need any other information, or want more information about joining this on-going effort, feel free to contact Jim Loftus, Director of Education and Technical Affairs at email@example.com
- 3rd Edition Flushability Guidelines – Executive Summary
- 3rd Edition Flushability Guidelines– Complete
- Code of Practice (includes labeling guidelines)
- From Toilet to Wastewater Treatment Infographic
- DO NOT FLUSH logo (.png file – See Code of Practice for labeling requirements)
- DO NOT FLUSH logo (high res .eps – See Code of Practice for labeling requirements)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Test Methods (Test pricing – INDA Members: Free / Non-members: Single Test $49. All 7 Tests $299)
- FG501- Toilet and Drain-Line Clearance Test
- FG502- Slosh Box Disintegration Test
- FG503- Household Pump Test
- FG504- Settling Test
- FG505- Aerobic Biodisintegration/Biodegradation Tests
- FG506- Anaerobic Biodisintegration/Biodegradation Tests
- FG507- Municipal Sewage Pump Test
- Purchase all 7 test (includes FG501-FG507)
If you are interested in obtaining blotter paper for testing coverstock, please contact:
Contact: Montserrat Sánchez, Sales Manager Laboratory & Life Science EMEA
Ahlstrom Barcelona SAU
Aurora, 23-25, 2o1a
Barcelona – Spain
More information regarding blotter paper: http://www.edana.org/newsroom/news-announcements/news-article/2013/01/24/edana-advisory-on-blotter-paper-for-testing-coverstock-update
INDA Members, please contact Misty Ayers, Marketing Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your free copy of the Flushability Test Methods.