The INDA Hygienix Innovation Award will recognize innovation in hygiene areas such as: consumer or institutional end products, end product components, or fabrication techniques that use nonwoven fabrics in a way that expands the usage of nonwovens. Nominees will be selected from various disposable and durable product categories and disruptive technologies that directly pertain to the hygiene industry. Examples are listed below.
Companies are encouraged to nominate their own product(s) with a maximum of two (2) for the Hygienix Innovation Award, but only one (1) product per company will be selected as a Finalist. To qualify for consideration as a nominee, the product or technology must be in a hygiene related area and:
» Must be a finished consumer or institutional end product containing a nonwoven fabric, end product component, fabrication technique, or use a nonwoven technology during its manufacturing process. Potential examples of product or technology areas include but are not limited to;
- Feminine hygiene
- Incontinence products
- Raw materials that have made a significant contribution to the hygiene area
- Equipment technology such as fastening, adhesive application, speed enhancement, etc.
- Reusable products or technologies
- Composites or laminates that use nonwovens
Nominees must agree to present their product in person at the Hygienix Conference if selected as a finalist and provide a digital 300 dpi or at least a 1MB high resolution image of their product for promotion purposes.
Nominated products or technologies should demonstrate advancements in one or more of the following categories:
- Creativity (Was there imaginative skill used to create a solution to a known problem?)
- Novelty of Approach (Is the method or thought process used to create the product new?)
- Uniqueness (Is this product sufficiently different from others in the marketplace of its type?)
- Technical Sophistication (Does the product/process use nonwoven technology in an intellectually elegant manner?)
- Must have been available commercially at most two years prior to the current Hygienix Conference.
- Must not have been selected as a Finalist in any previous Visionary Award or Hygienix Award competition. A nominated product not selected as a Finalist may be nominated the following year, but no more than two (2) nominations total per company.
- Wipe products will not be considered for Hygienix.
Finalists will present their innovation to the industry at Hygienix. Voting shall be weighted equally across three voting bodies: the Technical Advisory Board (TAB), the affiliated Conference Committee and the respective Conference attendees. Each group shall vote separately and be given equal weight in the final determination of the award winner. Once the weighted votes have been tabulated onsite, the winner will be announced during the scheduled conference hours.
- INDA's Technical Advisory Board (TAB), consisting of INDA's President and Technical Director plus industry members with a technical background, shall first the select the award finalists from all submissions and then vote on the finalist that best embodies the award criteria. Product scores will be the percentage of TAB votes obtained carried out to two (2) decimal places. INDA personnel will vote on which products make the Finalist category, but not on which shall be the winner of the Award. This will be one third of the total score for a product finalist.
- The Conference Committee, consisting of an INDA staff coordinator and industry members from the market segment of the conference, shall vote on the finalist. Product scores will be the percentage of Committee votes obtained carried out to two (2) decimal places. This will be one third of the total score for a product finalist. TAB Members on the Conference Committee shall vote only once and INDA staff shall not vote.
- The Conference attendees who register and receive a ballot as part of their registration fee shall vote for the finalist. Product scores will be the percentage of the attendee votes obtained carried out to two (2) decimal places. This will be one third of the total score for a product finalist. TAB members and Conference Committee members shall vote only once either in their group or as an attendee.
- The winning finalist shall be determined by totaling the voting percentages from the three voting groups and announced during the scheduled conference hours.
- Complete the Online Nomination Submission
- Send a sample of the product to
INDA, Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry
Atten: Deanna Lovell, Education Coordinator
1100 Crescent Green, Suite 115
Cary, NC 27518
Categories and rules are based upon the interpretation of the Technical Advisory Board.
Countdown to Hygienix 2018
- TodayNominations Accepted Now
- 07/16/2018Nomination deadline, nominations period concluded for Hygienix 2018
- 07/17 - 08/13Technical Analysis Period
- 08/13/2018Finalists Announced
- 11/06/2018Finalists Present product at Hygienix 2018
- 11/08/2018Winner Announced at Hygienix 2018
Countdown to Hygienix 2019
- 07/17/2018Nominations begin for Hygienix 2019
- 07/15/2019Nomination deadline, nominations period concluded for Hygienix 2019
- 07/16 - 08/12Technical Analysis Period
- 08/12/2019Finalists Announced
- 11/TBA/2019Finalists Present product at Hygienix 2019
- 11/TBA/2019Winner Announced at Hygienix 2019
Online Nomination Submission:
Hygienix 2018 Innovation Award™
Hygienix Innovation Award™ Winners
- 2017: ALYNE: ALYNE™ Protective Underwear
Introducing ALYNE™ a brand-new product, that totally manages fluid absorption in a different than any other protective underwear! ALYNE DIAMOND QUILT™ employs multiple layers of different SAPs that absorb at different rates, from quick absorption to complete absorption without the bulkiness! How it works is the SAP layers are Diamond Quilted in a pocketed structure, sandwiched between layers of polypropylene spunbond and then ultrasonically bonded together. This adds stability, excellent SAP absorbency management, thinness, dryness and does not feel like the wearer is wearing a wet sponge.
- 2016: Sustainable Health Enterprises, (SHE) – Go! Pads
Using patented technology developed by SHE to make an absorbent core from banana tree agricultural waste, Go!™ Pads maintain superior absorption without using any chemicals and super-absorbent polymers. SHE employs hundreds of local women through local sourcing of banana fibers and pad production while delivering an affordable product to girls, primarily in East Africa, who normally wouldn't be able to afford pads causing significant costs to their education, health, productivity, and dignity. This breakthrough process will be used to develop a range of essential health products that address overlooked and taboo health issues, according to SHE.
Hygienix is the result of INDA's acquisition of the annual INSIGHT International Conference from Marketing Technology Service, Inc., in May 2014 and the merger with INDA's VISION Consumer Products Conference. HYGIENIX represents the mix of Absorbent Hygiene and Personal Care, with the emphasis on Hygiene, the larger nonwoven component of the two segments and the biggest nonwovens market overall.
Visionary Award Winners
- 2015: Sienabena, LLC – BabyBackups™
A diaper extender, this product adheres to an existing diaper to act as an insurance policy against messy "diaper blowouts," the company says. Made of superabsorbent materials, the wedge-shaped pad fits securely between the waistband of a diaper and the baby's back to contain all messy diaper explosions in the baby's diaper.
- 2014: Butterfly Health, Inc .– Butterfly Body Liners
Butterfly Body liners are designed to provide secure protection from ABL – a problem that 20% of women over the age of 40 experience and more men are acknowledging. Butterfly Liners' patented, innovative design resembles four wings and fits comfortably and discreetly to the body.
- 2013: Dude Products – Dude Wipes
Dude Wipes is the product the adult moist tissue market has been waiting for. We've incorporated social packaging and humorous niche driven branding to change male hygiene routines and behavior. Finally, there is a wipe product for men that encourages conversion of a cool new grooming routine. Sometimes innovation requires mixing the latest technology with fresh, creative, and bold branding.
- 2012: Bissell – Stomp n' Go®Stain Lifting Pad
When tough stains occur, let STOMP 'N GO® stain lifting pads do the work for you. These stain lifting pads require no scrubbing of the stain! Simply place the STOMP 'N GO pad wet side down over soiled area for 30 minutes. The oxy formula in the pads permanently remove tough set in stains including red wine, food stains, fruit juice, pet messes, mud/dirt, coffee/tea, blood, plus more! Plus, it leaves carpet smelling fresh with Febreze™ Spring & Renewal™ scent. Each re-sealable pouch contains 5 pre-moistened pads.
- 2011: Global Safety First – Readi Mask,™
- 2010: Rockline Industries – Regenerated Cotton Wipe
- 2009: Ahlstrom – Disruptor™ nonwoven water filter media
- 2008: Kimberly-Clark – SpaSensials spa treatmen,
- 2007: Tyco – Swim Pants
- 2006: Chicopee – Disaster Relief Blanket
- 2005: Fiberweb – Resolution Print Media
- 2004: Church & Dwight – Brillo Scrub 'n' Toss
- 2003: FMJ ChemBio – Civilian Quick Escape Mask
- 2002: Procter & Gamble – Swiffer