INDA Announces New Date for Research, Innovation & Science for Engineered Fabrics Conference, February 9 in Miami
INDA Acquisition of INSIGHT Conference Simplifies 2015 Conference Schedule
Cary, NC. June 18, 2014 – INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry, announced a new date and location for its fifth annual Research, Innovation and Science for Engineered Fabrics (RISE®) Conference. The RISE® Conference will be held February 9 to 12, 2015, at Miami’s Downtown Hilton in Miami, Florida.
The RISE® Conference date was formerly scheduled to be held September 8 to 11, 2014, in Atlanta and is rescheduled as a result of INDA’s acquisition of the INSIGHT International Conference from Marketing Technology Service, Inc. and its plan to integrate INDA’s VISION with INSIGHT in October, 2015. This new venue and date for RISE were originally scheduled for INDA’s annual VISION® Consumer Products Conference.
Appealing to technology scouts and business/product developers in the global nonwovens and engineered fabrics industries, RISE® will provide thought-provoking discussions focusing on technical innovations and applications that contribute to the creation of advanced competitive products. The conference will also announce the winner of the prestigious RISE Durable Product Award.
The RISE Durable Product Award rewards innovation for a commercially launched durable product intended to have a useful life longer than three years that uses nonwoven fabrics or technologies to expand the usage of nonwovens. Finalists will present their innovative technical products to the industry at RISE® 2015. Award nominees will be selected from raw materials, roll goods, converting, packaging, active ingredients, binders, additives and end product categories. For nominating information, please visit, http://bit.ly/RISEAward.
The RISE® Conference has been growing since its inception in 2011. Its content is targeted at product technology scouts who are responsible for developing and driving innovation and technology within their respective companies. Participants will learn about up-and-coming nonwovens technologies, and allied technologies that can be incorporated into nonwovens, giving them the latest tools to continue creating value-added innovative products worldwide.
RISE® 2013 sessions and presentations included:
- Phase Change Materials and how they’re used in controlling the microclimate in bedding and apparel
- Improving fabric performance and transportation with biofluid manipulation using Microfluidic Fabric Interfacial Technology
- Nanofiber Technology discussions highlighting next generation applications and the impact of high volume, low cost nanofiber production costs and the health and safety of nanofibers and nanotubes
“We encourage support for the movement of RISE® into a more convenient time in 2015 and our move to combine VISION® with INSIGHT in the fall. Once settled, we believe this sequencing of events offers a better value to the industry we serve”, said David Rousse, INDA, President.
INDA’s acquisition of the INSIGHT conference has a significant impact on the event calendar for nonwovens and hygiene products overall. Below is a summary of these changes in the 2014-2015 conference schedules.
- INSIGHT 2014 will occur as scheduled in Indianapolis, IN on October 19-22 and will be organized by Jim Hanson and MTS.
- INDA’s VISION® 2015 Conference, currently scheduled in Miami, FL, Feb 9-12, will be moved to Oct. 26-30, 2015 in St. Petersburg, FL and combined with INSIGHT.
- INDA’s fifth annual RISE® 2015 Conference previously scheduled for this Sept. 8-11 in Atlanta, GA will be held Feb. 9-12, 2015 in Miami, FL.
INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry, serves hundreds of member companies in the nonwovens/engineered fabrics industry in global commerce. Since 1968, INDA events have helped members connect, learn, innovate and develop their businesses. INDA educational courses, market data, test methods, consultancy and issue advocacy help members succeed by providing them the information they need to better plan and execute their business strategies. For more information, visit www.inda.org. ###