Senior Development Scientist, Materials
|Company||Rush & Company|
|Position||Senior Development Scientist, Materials|
|Job Type||Full Time Position|
|Location||Midwest or Northwest|
For more than 30 years our client has been privileged to supply the world's best retailers with private label consumer products. Private label combined with Contract Manufacturing Services and Food Services allows them to serve consumers and customers in a wide variety of locations. This company has very little turnover and offers a very positive team driven workplace.
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Senior Development Scientist/Materials. This position provides technical leadership in innovation, design, and commercialization for non-woven substrates. You will collaborate and work with other members of the Product Category Team to ensure successful commercialization of projects and understands future substrate needs. This position will also develop the protocols for qualifying new vendors, direct trials at suppliers and in house converting. This position will not supervise other employees.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) disciplines from an accredited university
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the nonwovens, pulp and paper or fiber development area. Experience should include exposure to product development, R&D, operations and or engineering
- Understanding of MS software
- Understanding of statistical tools/software
- Understanding of business systems
- Must have the desire and ability to work independently
Travel of up to 25% will be required, including international travel